Most weeks on our class website, we have a ‘Music and Art of the Week’ feature- this started off as an ‘experiment’ last year and was so popular with the children and their families that we have continued it!
Each week, a child chooses a piece of music and and piece of art which they want to share with the rest of the class and our on-line audience- this is on-line for a week before we discuss the music and art in our class assembly every Friday. We often have lots of comments to look at both from the children, their families and our wider audience and the discussion is always fascinating to observe!
We wanted to share this week’s Music and Art with everyone on Pass The Blog. The original post (which our class will comment on) can be found here– but we’d love your comments whether they are on this post, or the post on our class blog.
So here goes- this week’s Music and Art has been chosen by Rory, aged 9.
Rory has chosen a peice of music which I really like, but which I haven’t heard for ages! Here goes:-
What do you think of the music? Do you like it? Below are some questions written by Rory to get you thinking:-
- How is this piece of music similar/different to what you normally like to listen to?
- what do you think the story is about?
- what or who do you think the monkey is?
- does it make you sad or happy? Why?
- What instruments can you hear in the music?
What do you think of this painting? Here are some questions from Rory to get you thinking…
- Who do you think is in the painting? Who is the lady? Is it her baby?
- Do you think this is a scene the painter had seen? Why?
- Can you find out what the painting is called and/or who painted it?
- Does it look old or new to you? Why?
- What do you think the painting is about?
- Would you want this on your wall? Why/Why not?
Two great choices Rory- I can’t wait to see what people think!